Monday 7 August 2017

Birds With Umbrella - finished

Morning all!

OK, so this was a silly stitch really, but a fun one nonetheless, full of huge blocks of colour and the sweetest kiss. I don't know why I fell in love with this pattern so much; I just did so was sure to include it as one of this year's new starts.

When you last saw the little birdies they looked like this:


And now all finished:

Birds With Umbrella
Free pattern from my-cross-stitch-patterns.com
Stitched on 16ct Tea Rose overdyed aida by Sewitall.com 2 over 1
Stitch count - 100 wide by 98 high
Started - 25th March 2017
Finished - 30th July 2017
Total stitching time - 26 hours 40 minutes


I decided to fill in the gaps in the umbrella with the same colour as used for the trim. In fact, as it doesn't seem to be raining, I think it's more of a parasol than an umbrella so it makes sense it would be pretty. I did think about using beads but they looked a bit OTT so I'm happy with normal crosses.

I have the backing fabric ready to make this into a little cushion but at the moment DD is using the sewing machine to make a Comic Con costume so I'd rather not interfere with the set up. And there was me all raring to actually finish-finish a project for a change! Oh well, what's another addition to my Box of Shame?!

Take care,
Rachel x

6 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Great finish! It is a very cute pattern and well stitched. Too bad about having to wait on fully finishing. :)

Linda said...

Congrats on the sweet finish Rachel.

Linda

Faith... said...

Oh Rachel it turned out adorable! Congrats on your finish!!

Katie said...

I understand having a project call to you. It's too cute. Congrats on the finish!!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

That is a fun little finish! I love the fact that you said your daughter is sewing a costume for comic con. My husband and son have been to a comic con or two. We are huge fans. Happy stitching! Andrea

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for the cute birdies, such a fun project.
Do we get to see the Comic Con costume?